Friday, June 29, 2012

A Temporary Farewell

We'll Bring the World His Truth (Army of Helaman) by David Glenn Hatch on Grooveshark
This is it. In less than a week I will be in the Missionary Training Center in Provo! On Sunday I am being set apart. My FBI clearance finally came in the mail yesterday, so everything I need to apply for my visa has come together. The timing was wonderful. I can't say how lucky I am to have had things work so nicely - a good job, enough money, support from friends, timely travel preparations. I've been in the midst of good music, some of which I will be able to take on my mission, for which I am grateful; I am grateful that I have learned to look deep enough into music to recognize its inner workings. I cannot complain that I am not to listen to anything but classical music, hymns, and music produced by the church. There ultimately isn't much else that is necessary listening.
Then again, what is classical music?
New challenges are about to arise. A test of faith. Perseverance. Patience. Willingness. Love. Love to serve, love of culture, love of individuals. Language barriers.
New things are about to be experienced. A new lifestyle. New strangers-made-friends. New sights to see and places to visit.
New blessings are about to be received. And hopefully I will be one to receive the least of them. I would much rather that I be one for others and come in time of need.
I am off to do a good work. That's all I know right now. Please contact me or my family for mailing addresses, as they will be my only means of communication for the next twenty-four months. I love you. God loves you. I'll be back real soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment